Welcome

Thanks for visting! The table of contents are on the right. Archives for this blog are located at the bottom of the page.







Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Axle Break

Josh came over and we took every door off my Jeep. All 4 passenger doors and the rear hatch. We took it out for to shake it down on the local powerline trails. We were moving. This thing doesn't make a noise. So we went over to the double ledges and hit them every possible way, in 3 wheel drive. (Not that I had to) We went left, we went right, we went right up the middle. No problems. So we turned around and came down them. Still no problems. Then I decided to try and go up the backwards. I thought we had it then I heard "Crack". My left front inner axle decided to break behind the ears. It twisted before snapping according to the carnage. So I checked it out and Keith at ORC told me that I didn't have Warn 4340 Chromoly inners. I had Yukon 1541. Hmm. It appears that Yukon has a 4340 D44 inner but I didn't get it. So now they are going to refund me money for the 1541's and I'm upgrading to Yukon's 4340 which should be 70% stronger than stock 30 spline.