Welcome

Thanks for visting! The table of contents are on the right. Archives for this blog are located at the bottom of the page.







Wednesday, July 25, 2012

More cage tie-ins

I've been busy recently and put the Jeep on the back burner. Let's get back to business. 

Here are some more tie-ins from the cage to the interior. Remember all this is done to keep the body and cage together as one. In total I will have 12-14 pieces. The majority of them are getting dimple dyed. 

I don't know what this tool is called but I like what it does. I've used this tool a couple times now with quick and accurate results. It's like a fine tooth comb. You push it towards the object you want to duplicate and it wraps around it. Then you transfer it to your sheet metal. 


Rear tie-ins

The A pillar tie-ins.

I'm putting a sheet metal "cover" inside the spare tire. I'm going to have it airbrushed or paint it and put a vinyl logo on it. Two of the interior mood lights shine directly on this.