Welcome

Thanks for visting! The table of contents are on the right. Archives for this blog are located at the bottom of the page.







Saturday, July 11, 2009

Body Panels

I started the long process of skinning my doors and hood. I want to remount them as panels with quick release fasteners. The hood will go on with Autofab's poly hood pins kit. Good looking and tough. So the hood is complete. Josh and I peeled it away from its support. I had to remove all the dynamat first to get a sawzaw under the supports.





I haven't taken a picture of the skin removed, but its done. I think I'm going with stamped louvers for that classic look.



Now this weekend on to the doors. So I already gutted them and removed the glass. I also removed the logo and the black strip installed by the factory to prevent door dings. It hides the Cherokee's beautiful body lines.