Thanks for visting! The table of contents are on the right. Archives for this blog are located at the bottom of the page.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Oil Pan Skid Plate

ORC is fabbing me up an oil pan skid plate. It's in the beginning stages.


I have nearly finished mounting the cowl. I had to use nutserts and on some I needed to cut and bend the existing sheet metal up to create a flat mounting place.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Orange Beach

Friday night Josh and I cooked chicken and veggies on the grill. It took us 3 hours to get the grill ready. We cleaned it, put fresh charcoal in it, hickory strips to get the right taste. All of this was done as we sat on the dock of the bayou. Amazing night! One of the best I've had in a long time.

Saturday Mary Margaret, me and Josh headed out on their boat to sample some of the local seafood, mixed drinks and entertainment. We ended with an amazing sunset on Robinson Island.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Thursday, August 13, 2009

More Sun Visor..

I'm going to run 1/4" round bar on the bottom edge of the sun visor and top edge of the deflector to keep them stiff during extreme speeds. haha It will definitely clean the edge up.

Kenny & Norm Filter

I decided to turn to K&N for my air filter. So I'm running the 9' cone. The red thing is a pre-filter to keep smaller particles out. I will also need to step the flange down to 3" to fit my custom application.

Taped up and ready to paint

I taped my Jeep tonight. Tomorrow I will spray them. Nothing big here, just thought I'd post my progress.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009


Before I install the visor and deflector I need to paint the inside of the windshield frame. So tonight I sanded down the area I will paint black.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sun Visor Mounted

I finished the visor today. I cut it out and mounted it on the windshield frame with 1/4 bolts. I still need to run round bar on the bottom to stiffen it up. Looks good!!

Bolt Bin

With so many things going on during this build I decided to install a cheap bolt bin setup. It will have 6 sizes of 8 different bolts, locknuts and washers. 1/4" up to 3/4". I know I haven't labeled it all the way or filled it up. That part will be quite expensive. Anyway it stands 6ft. tall and looks as if it will function nicely.

Sun Visor and Wind Deflector

The building process for the sun visor and wind deflector has begun. I decided to use posterboard as I usually do. Since the visor and deflector are both going inside the windshield frame I decided to use the glass as a template for the exact shape.

Trace underneath and 6" up each side, as the sun visor will hang 6" down from the roof.

Then I took this thing and locked it down to 6" and traced the outside curve of the glass to get the bottom line of the visor.

This gave me the same shape top and bottom.

Trace that pattern on to 22ga. metal and cut.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Dynamat is done

With all the help Josh gave me today the dynamat is finally pulled up. The glue this left behind is like roofing tar. So we soaked it with paint remover, covered it with a tarp and let the chemicals do their thing. Wow! The glue has a hard time sticking if there is no paint. Josh found a technique with the pressure washer that literally rolled the glue off. Go Josh! My side wasn't as good as his. Fail Dean. Anyway here is a picture of what I'd like to consider the last I will have seen of dynamat.

Now what? We gonna paint the interior with truck bed liner. It will seal it and give you some traction. Plus it's the "in" thing to do. Whatever. My final goal is to be able to wash the interior and have drain holes to deal with the water. We got plenty of drain holes...so on with the liner. I think that's next, so that I can finish wiring the thing and finally start the motor.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hood dimples

Josh and I and Trey did some work on the hood this morning. Last night we laid out the pattern for the holes. Some in the front to cool it at higher speeds, some in the rear for crawling around.

Then we used a hole saw to cut the hood.

Put in under the 40 tone press and use the dimple dyes to flare each hole out.

Trey keep it straight.

Final product. Still needs to filed and painted.