Welcome

Thanks for visting! The table of contents are on the right. Archives for this blog are located at the bottom of the page.







Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Master Disconnect-Final Wiring Install

I finished the wiring on the master dc. The batteries are now grounded through the master switch. It won't shut down the motor while it's running, there's too many other grounds in the wiring harness that satisfy the connection. But it will help when the Jeep sits a while and I can turn it off. I can't claim it as a theft deterrent as it sits in the open.

Spooling out the 1/0ga. I needed about 8ft.

Nifty little crimper I picked up at the local welding shop. You smack the top with a sledge.

This is what happens.

I picked up some 24 carat gold plated terminals. Mainly because they have posts on them. It makes it easier to connect things like master disconnect grounds to them.