Welcome

Thanks for visting! The table of contents are on the right. Archives for this blog are located at the bottom of the page.







Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Brown Dog Motor Mounts-Install

Time to install these. I've heard quite a bit about these motor mounts. As far as I'm concerned a motor mount is a motor mount, and that's that. My OEM mounts lasted over 200,00 miles and only failed recently because my headers got so hot, the driver's side partially melted, and of course they were also wallowed out a bit.

Taking the weight off the mounts with a floor jack.

Loosen the driver's side hardware.

Remove the OEM mount.

Here you can see the rubber melted from my headers glowing red.

Driver's side mount.

Switched from OEM rubber to poly. It should transfer quite a bit of vibration through the body, but I'm up for it.

It took quite a bit of work to get these to line up, more than I would have liked.

Passenger side mount.


Pros:
-Look beefy. Strong welds, good design.

Cons:
-They're yellow.

Seriously though...I haven't ran them yet and probably won't for the next month. But like I said earlier, a mount is a mount.