Welcome

Thanks for visting! The table of contents are on the right. Archives for this blog are located at the bottom of the page.







Sunday, August 14, 2011

Oil cooler sandwich adapter

I decided against using the oil relocation setup. Mainly because it was going to take up too much space under the hood. In addition, the cooler (I unfortunately purchased) was only 3/16". This was going to pose a problem with pressure in the smaller lines, thus building heat and negating the purpose of the cooler to begin with.

I decided to purchase a sandwich adapter that has (2) 1/2"ID ports. This will allow me to direct the oil flow to and from the oil cooler right from the filter area. I also purchased (4) #8AN fittings and 10' of 1/2"ID braided stainless steel lines.



We tapped the adapter from pipe thread to standard thread and installed a Boss fitting with an O ring. I refuse to have SS lines hooked up to a pipe fitting with teflon tape. So this is the route I decided to go.


All the new gear. Now I'm looking for an oil cooler. It has to fit certain specs though. So I'm looking at some racing stuff.