Welcome

Thanks for visting! The table of contents are on the right. Archives for this blog are located at the bottom of the page.







Sunday, March 2, 2008

Trail Carnage

I was riding this weekend with JJ at the local power lines. We were having a great time and I was getting ready to lead us to the next set of trails when I began to step down the double ledges and I heard a "clink" behind us. Cliff, riding shotgun, said "What the hell was that?" I stopped, he got out and looked and it appears as if the smallest leaf spring on the passenger side ejected itself due to a broken tie bolt. The just happens to be the second one I broke in less than two months. The first sign of things seems to be when the smallest leaf begins the rotates around instead of staying in line with the others. I guess this was a clue for me to tighten the u-bolts. Well I got the chance to do that, except now there was a larger gap due to less leafs. I was ready to pull out the Powertank and my impact gun and be done with it. Hmmm I can't find my 3/4" deep socket. I guess I'll have to tighten it by hand. Minus one leaf I tightened the u-bolts and Cliff drove it out as I walked behind and occasionally rode on JJ's bumper to avoid the routine mud hole. All in all in took an hour to fix and get back to the garage.